Last Updated: July 13, 2021
XP Land, LLC (“XP Land,” “us” or “we”) respects your concerns about privacy and is committed to protecting your privacy according to the terms and conditions of this policy (the “Privacy Notice”). This Privacy Notice describes the types of information, including Personal Information (as defined below), that we may collect from or about you when you use, interact with or otherwise access, xp.land (the “Site”) and all services associated therewith (collectively with the Site, the “Services”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing your information as well as the choices available to you regarding our use of your information.
This Privacy Notice will not apply to information collected by any third party including through any application or content (such as advertising) that may link to or be accessible through or from the Services. More information concerning links to third party sources available on or through the Services is available in the Third-Party Services Section of this Privacy Notice.
User Consent/Legal Basis
Information We Collect
Information We Obtain About You
We and certain of our agents, vendors, consultants and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may obtain information about you in various ways, including, but not limited to, information you upload directly or indirectly by using, interacting with or otherwise accessing the Services or through other automated means. Such information may include both non-personal and Personal Information.
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, Personal Information consists of information that can be used to identify you by itself or when it is combined with other information, such as your name, postal address, zip code, phone number and email address. Non-personal information is information that does not identify you personally or Personal Information that has been “de-identified” or “aggregated.” Other types of information we may collect from you may include, but is not limited to:
- Your IP address;
- Date and time of the inquiry;
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT);
- Content of a request;
- Access status/status code;
- Data volume transmitted to the Site;
- Website from which a request comes;
- Browser type;
- Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- Operating system and its interface; and
- Language and version of the browser software.
Information You Provide to Us
We and certain of our Service Providers may obtain information directly or indirectly from you, including without limitation, Personal Information, when you use, interact with or otherwise access the Services. Such interactions may include, but are not limited to:
- Completing our surveys, participating in our events, or contacting us.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on or through the Services, which includes information provided at the time of registering or subscribing to XP Land’s newsletter (the “Newsletter”).
- Requests for additional services or reports of problems with the Services.
- Any search queries you conduct on or through the Services.
Information We Obtain by Automated Means
When you use, interact with, or otherwise access the Services, we and/or our Service Providers may obtain certain information by automated means such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies that collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns on or through the Services. Some of the technologies we or our Service Providers may use for this automated data collection include:
- “Cookies” which are text files that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected devices to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
- “Web beacons,” also known as an internet tags, pixel tags or clear GIFs, link web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
- “Flash cookies” which pertain to the locally stored objects on websites that collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on a website. Flash cookies are not generally managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- “Location-identifying Technologies” that can locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
The information we and/or our Service Providers obtain using these technologies and other automated means may include your device IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our services, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.
The cookies we use on our Site are provided by WordPress and generally fall into a number of categories. Such categories, include:
- “Necessary cookies” that are absolutely essential for the Site to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the Site, anonymously.
- “Functional cookies,” which help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the Site on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
- “Performance cookies” that are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the Site which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
- “Analytical cookies” that are used to understand how visitors interact with the Site. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. You can change your browser settings to delete or prevent certain cookies from being stored on your computer without your explicit consent. The ‘help’ section in your browser should provide information on how to manage your cookie settings. For mobile devices specifically, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use and disclose, in our sole discretion, any non-personal information that does not alone or together with any other information identify you, including without limitation, all de-identified and aggregated information, without restriction. Such use may include, but is not limited to, analyzing requests and tracking usage patterns so that we may improve our products and Services, enhance our user experience, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may use the information we obtain about you, including Personal Information, to:
- Provide the Services to you;
- Communicate with you and provide customer or technical support;
- Send you administrative information (such as information regarding the Services, and changes to our terms, conditions and policies);
- Send you email digests (such as the Newsletter), surveys and other marketing or promotional materials;
- Communicate with you to administer your participation in surveys, events, contests and programs;
- Personalize your experience with our Services;
- Perform analytics (such as market and consumer research and trend analysis);
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving the Services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions);
- Communicate with our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- Facilitate negotiations of any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- To provide you with notices on changes and upgrades to the Services and our other products;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies; and
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you grant your consent or complete any other transaction which we may describe to you when you provide us with your information.
We control the Personal Information that we collect, but in some cases we use other third parties, including but not limited to Service Providers, who perform services on our behalf, to provide, improve, or secure the Services or for any other purpose for which we use your information as described in this Privacy Notice. The following are types of external service providers with which we may share your information:
- Analytics services;
- Data hosting and storage services
- Data and website security providers;
- Email marketing and delivery providers; and
- Service providers that may allow us to provide, update, or enhance our Services.
Other Online Services and Third-Party Features
We may share your Personal Information with our Service Providers who perform services on our behalf, such as email marketing, data hosting and storage services, for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice and our Terms.
Third Party Services and Third Part Features Disclaimer
Do Not Track
Our website is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
We take your privacy very seriously, and we do not sell, rent or disclose Personal Information we obtain about you in connection with the Services, except as described in this Privacy Notice.
In addition to what we have already described, we may disclose Personal Information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government or regulatory agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity by any government or regulatory agency or law enforcement body; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the Personal Information we obtain about you. To update your preferences, stop receiving emails, or submit a request concerning your Personal Information, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice.
If you have subscribed to the Newsletter, you may access, update, or remove certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Services by contacting us here: email@example.com. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity in the event that you request to be unsubscribed from the Newsletter.
You can opt out of receiving certain promotional e-mails from us at any time by following the instructions provided in such e-mails and clicking on the unsubscribe link contained therein or by sending an e-mail to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions or non-promotional communications.
Located in the United States
The Services and all e-mail, text and other communications, including without limitation, the Newsletter, are based in the United States and operate under US law. If you are located outside the United States when you use, interact with or otherwise access the Services or engage in communications with us via mail, e-mail, telephone or any other means, please be aware that your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States where our servers are located. Any information you provide to us, or that we collect through your use of the Services will be stored, processed, and transferred within, or to, the United States. Please be aware that the United States and jurisdictions other than the one in which you are located may not provide the same level of data protection as is considered adequate in your country. As such, visitors and users of the Services located outside the United States should not use, interact with, or otherwise access the Services or engage in communications with us via mail, e-mail, telephone or any other means if you do want your information to be treated in this manner. Note, that your Personal Information may be made available to the US Government or its agencies under legal process in the United States.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect Personal Information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
While we strive to protect your information, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure and, consequently, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee, do not warrant and hereby disclaim any and all representations concerning the security of any information you transmit or provide to us, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot promise that your information will remain absolutely secure in all circumstances. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures that we or our Service Providers may provide.
Children’s Personal Information
The Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age and no one under age 16 may provide any Personal Information to, or through, the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you are under 16, you are expressly prohibited from using and/or providing any information on or to the Services (including without limitation User Contributions) or through any of its features, including, but not limited to, providing any information about yourself to us such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen or user name or social media handle you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us pursuant to the “How to Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be modified, changed, revised or updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our practices concerning our treatment of your information. If we make a change, we will modify the date at the top of this page so you can see if this Privacy Notice has changed since the last time you viewed it. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will update you by posting a notice on the Site, by email or through other means. We reserve the sole and absolute discretion to determine whether a modification, change, revision or update to this Privacy Notice is material and the method and manner by which we will communicate the foregoing.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, or wish to exercise any of your rights granted hereunder, please contact us by email at email@example.com. You also may write to us at:
XP Land, LLC
1 Liberty Plaza
New York, NY 10006